Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Work in Progress

This is the place and the time to be honest. I have never been what one calls a slim gal though I was never really overweight. The low self image and self consciousness comes from a lifetime of being surrounded by skinny cousins with their perfect smooth alabaster skin and stick size figure. Both my parents are more curvy and my mom was well endowed in the top area. (Which I am eternally grateful for :) ) But alas slimness does not run in my own branch of the family tree. I've always been a chubby girl or bigger but compared to the rest of America I was fine .. skinnier then average. College came and went and I think I successfully gained my portion and my roommate's portion of the "freshmen 15" in my case it was the "freshmen 50" I was a happy size 8 and was at one point size 6 but gradually my clothes began to get bigger and bigger.. I'm now in between a size 14 - 16. When an XL in some stores no longer fit.. this is when it starts getting sad. Besides the constant nagging from my parents to lose weight.. I should lose it for myself.

My legs have always been toned and very muscular ( also a family trait) but my inner thighs are now touching each other when I walk!! they are rubbing up against each other and making the wear and tear on my pants even faster then normal. How sad is it that the brand new pair of tights I had just bought and worn once already have some "rubbing" in the inner thigh area.. My clothes aren't fitting properly.. and over all I've run out of excuses to not exercise.

I am going to weigh myself today at the work gym and start logging it here.

Wish me luck and hard work and courage to see it through.

No comments: